Call on Congress to pass the Women's Health Protection Act
Since the six-week abortion ban in Texas was allowed to go into effect by the Supreme Court, calls to providers and assistance funds have dropped dramatically, because people are scared of breaking the law and don't know where to turn.2
Congress can supersede Texas' abortion ban and other anti-choice laws across the country by immediately passing the Women's Health Protection Act. Can you call your member of Congress and insist that they pass this critical legislation immediately?
It's best to speak in your own words, but here are some points to get you started.
Congress needs to act, and we must tell our representatives that. When you call, it's always best to speak in your own words, but here are some points you should cover:
Hello, my name is ______, and I am a constituent from _________.
- Texas law S.B.8 has left millions of people without access to abortion care.
- Because of this law, not only is pregnant people's health in danger, but the well-being of the doctors, friends, and businesses that might support people seeking care is as well.
- This year alone, there have been 561 abortion restrictions introduced in 47 states, and they all put pregnant people's lives in danger.
- Two-thirds of the people in this country believe that the right to choose should be protected, and it's time for Congress to act.
- As a constituent, I am asking you to immediately pass the Women's Health Protection Act to overturn S.B.8 and the other laws preventing people from exercising their reproductive rights.