Research and real-life policies have repeatedly shown that decision makers can take steps to close the pay gap much faster. It's important to dispel the myth that the pay gap is near impossible to fix, otherwise society will be discouraged from closing it.
1. The Gender Wage Gap Is Wider in States with a Low Minimum Wage, Talk Poverty, September 23, 2016
2. The Economic Benefits of Family and Medical Leave Insurance, Center for American Progress, December 12, 2013
3. Pay Secrecy and the Gender Wage Gap in the United States, Industrial Relations A Journal of Economy and Society, October 2015
4. The Wage Gap: The Who, How, Why, and What To Do, National Women's Law Center, September 19, 2017
5. Union Membership is Critical for Equal Pay, National Women's Law Center, March 9, 2018