Breonna Taylor Was Essential
Sign the petition demanding justice for Breonna
Why is this important?
This campaign is a collaboration between UltraViolet and Black Lives Matter Louisville community activists working on the ground to demand justice for Breonna Taylor.
Update 5/29/2020: Thanks to the relentless demands from the community, Louisville Metro Police Department dropped the charges against Breonna Taylor's partner, Kenneth Walker, and LMPD finally released the 911 call Kenneth made that proves all this. However, the three officers who killed Breonna still have their jobs and LMPD has not implemented any changes that would prevent police from doing this again.
Breonna Taylor was an award-winning EMT and first responder in Louisville, KY, who loved helping her patients and her community. "She was an essential worker. She had to go to work," her mother, Tamika Palmer said of her dedication to standing on the frontlines of this pandemic. "She didn't have a problem with that."
On the night of March 13th, the Louisville Metro Police executed a warrant, looking for drugs they never found, reportedly trafficked by a person who did not live with Breonna or in her complex-and whom they already had in custody.
They sprayed her home with 20 rounds, shooting Breonna 8 times, killing her in her bed.
Neither the Louisville Metro Police nor Mayor Greg Fischer have given her mother any answers. "Not one person has talked to me. Not one person has explained anything to me," Tamika Palmer, Taylor’s mother, said in an interview. "I want justice for her. I want them to say her name. There’s no reason Breonna should be dead at all."
Sign the petition demanding that:
- The Mayor and City Council address the use of force by LMPD.
- Fire and revoke the pensions of the officers that murdered Breonna. Arrest, charge, and convict them for this crime.
- Provide all necessary information to a local, independent civilian community police accountability council #CPAC.
- Create policy for transparent investigation process due to law enforcement misconduct.
- Drop all charges for Kenneth Walker, Breonna’s boyfriend, who attempted to defend them and their home. [DEMAND MET]
- Release the 911 call to the public for accountability. [DEMAND MET]
- Eliminate No Knock Warrants